This Moment is a Blessing
Several times a day I say to myself:
“This moment is a Blessing”
- No other moment, not the future or the past, but ‘this’ moment
- It is not that there are no problems (all my problems are in the future), but that this moment is actually a good thing, a blessing because I am alive, and right now I ask for nothing more
- I can only enjoy something if I am grateful for it, so I am grateful for my life… my life right now. I may have a terminal illness but right now, this moment I am alive, it is that I am grateful for. Anything I am grateful for is a blessing to me.
- When I see this moment as wonderful (see what I did there, I added ‘wonderful’ because ‘blessings’ are such a good thing) I don’t want, this moment, to be spoiled with Fear or Anger
- When I make decisions, in this moment, without Fear or Anger, I make decisions that are very different than I would otherwise
- I am able to feel Peace
- I am able to feel Joy
Try this, close your eyes and take a deep breath, as you slowly let it out think of the life you are feeling right now. At this very moment there is nothing to fear, nothing to be disappointed in, all that stuff is in the future, not right now. However, right now is all we have, the only time and place we can ever do anything. This moment is a blessing. Feel the Gratitude! Gratitude feels wonderful, it fills your soul, it is limitless. We always have the breath of life right now to feel grateful for, therefore this feeling is available to us always.
Now I show my gratitude by being in Service to others. That is my purpose in life.