There is no other place that I want to be other than right here right now
I know I am feeling gratitude when I feel like there is no other place that I want to be other than right here right now.
I try to think of this several times each day.
What do I feel, when I feel this?
- I am usually in a comfortable place
- I am in surrender and acceptance (I find that I must first surrender to find acceptance)
- I sometimes think “At least I am not locked up in a prison” but, even if I were, could I still be grateful that I am not hungry, or if not that, still alive?
What do I feel, when I don’t feel this?
- I am usually feeling fear and anxiety
- There is usually something I want that I am in fear of not getting
If I still feel like: “I don’t want to be here right now”, it is an opportunity for me to meditate on acceptance of the present situation.
While I am able to perform actions that may influence the present, the present is the present, it must *always* be accepted.